Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Technology Self Assessment: School 2.0

Completing NETS-T 3, I used the School 2.0 website, and I completed a quiz as a reflection tool to assess my current level of skill in technology integration.


I chose to investigate the Top 10 web 2.0 tools for young learners for the NETS-T Module: Model Digital-Age Work and Learning. In the article I found lots of new technology tools for young learners as well as for myself. While exploring Kerpoof I found that young learners are able to do many creative activities set for their age group online, while also learning important web browsing tools for their future. Voki was also a great tool to use to get students involved by giving them the chance to create their own talking avatars to use on blogs, profiles, and email messages. A site called Create A Graph was also included, but seemed to be not as exciting and creative as Voki or Kerpoof. The simplicity of YackPack, looks like it gives educators a simple easy way to communicate and is user friendly so many can not be clouded by the difficulties of widgets and such. It seems to be like a group in Twitter, but its a group chat with pictures! While browsing Animoto I realized how easy technology is becoming for all, and that making creative slideshows or videos isn't as hard as you might think! Other Web 2.0 tools for young learners were mentioned, like skype, blogs and wikis, but these were the most beneficial for me. If we can teach young learners how to use these, then they will be properly educated, and be able to use technology for many different purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment